Director, Institutional Research
Director, Institutional Research
The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Institutional Research.
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
Division Institutional Research Office
Position Type Staff
Employment Status Full Time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants to include the following in the application for Institution Research Director position.
2. A cover letter
3. Three reference letters
4. Vision/management statement for the Institutional Research office
Oversees the collection, analysis, and improvement in quality of university data. Works with various university stakeholders regarding data needs for program reviews, accreditation, strategic planning, and decision-making. Works to ensure that Institutional Research objectives and goals align with university priorities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that necessary and routine data are of the highest quality and readily available in a timely fashion to university stakeholders (e.g. in dashboard format).
2. Collect, check, and report institutional data to state and federal government entities as required by practice and policy (e.g. IHL, IPEDS, etc.).
3. Collect, check, and report institutional data to/for various accreditation bodies such as SACSCOC, CAPE, AACSB, ABET, and other program level bodies. Performs data pulls to support other university level data initiatives (e.g. Digital Measures, Quality Enhancement Plan, Institutional Effectiveness, retention efforts)
4. Work closely with university administration to streamline data collection processes, improve data quality, and ensure that data collection processes align with university priorities. Regularly evaluate departmental priorities and objectives with respect to national trends in Institutional Research.
5. Work closely with programs and other university stakeholders with their data needs. Educate the various stakeholders on the meaning, quality, and value of various data sets and data analyses.
6. Manage the Institutional Research budget, supervise staff, and perform additional duties as needed.
Master’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of five years experience in Institutional Research. Must have experience in managing and analyzing large data sets.
Ph.D. in a relevant field and ten years experience in higher education Institutional Research.
About The University of Southern Mississippi
Founded in 1910, The University of Southern Mississippi is a comprehensive doctoral and research-driven university with a proud history and an eye on the future. A dual-campus university, Southern Miss serves students on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, in addition to five teaching and research sites in Mississippi and through Online at Southern Miss. Since 2006, our students have collected three Truman Scholarships and 18 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships. USM students also lead Mississippi with 21 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Our Drapeau Center for Undergraduate Research affords our students meaningful research opportunities, and as a proven leader in innovation, we conduct transformative research that translates into real-world solutions. As one of only 36 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music, we are a haven for creativity and artistic expression. In the classroom or lab, on the playing field, or in the performance hall, we strive to have a positive impact not only on our students, but also the world around us. Further information is found at www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.