Medical Research Technician
Global Biostatistics and Data Sciences
Location: New Orleans, LA
Performs experiments and preliminary data analysis for multi-omics studies for osteoporosis and other related Human complex disorders in the Center for Bioinformatics and Genomics (CBG), Department of Global Biostatistics and Data Science. Prepares and maintains research protocols and progress reports. Summarizes data and assists with manuscript preparation. Performs other general duties associated with a research lab as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Prior research experience in performing genetic, molecular and cellular experiments, such as cell isolation and culture, DNA/RNA/protein extraction from human and animal samples, real-time RT-PCR, ELISA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work pro-actively and independently
- Proficient use of basic laboratory research equipment
- Familiarity with basic computational tools such as Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully meet established deadlines
- Bachelors degree
- Previous public health related research experience
- Bachelors degree in biomedical science or other related area
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in NGS applications (e.g., whole genome sequencing, RNA-seq, DNA methylation sequencing, shotgun metagenomics sequencing) is highly preferred
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.