DEAN - School of Continuing Education
DEAN - School of Continuing Education
Ref. No.: SCE Dean
About The American University in Cairo:
Founded in 1919, The American University in Cairo (AUC) is the region's leading English-language University and the center of the social, political and cultural life of the Arab world. With a community of students and faculty members representing more than 60 countries, AUC is a crossroads for the world's cultures and a vibrant forum for reasoned argument, spirited debate and understanding across cultures. AUC offers 36 undergraduate, 44 master's and two PhD programs rooted in a liberal arts education that encourages students to think critically and find creative solutions to conflicts and challenges facing both the region and the world. The University boasts the largest English-language library collection in Egypt, 13 cross-disciplinary research centers, and a rich array of co-curricular organizations and activities for students. The University's modern, 260-acre New Cairo campus is a purpose-built, world-class facility for advanced research, innovative teaching and civic engagement.
Chartered and accredited in the United States and Egypt, AUC is an independent, not-for-profit, equal-opportunity institution. More information about the university can be found at http://aucegypt.edu/
The American University in Cairo invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Continuing Education.
The Dean will act as the School's chief academic and administrative officer as a practiced and collaborative manager, working closely with other senior administrative officers to enhance programs both within the School and across the University. Responsibilities include leading the School of Continuing Education as a strategic business unit; managing administrative functions of the School; coordinating, evaluating and improving curricula and programs; promoting excellence in instruction; expanding the University's educational outreach to diverse audiences; determining resource priorities and preparing the school's budget; and representing the school to other divisions of the University and to external publics. The Dean directly supervises the administrative staff supporting the School departments and units. The Dean reports to the Provost.
Responsibilities of the Dean include:
- The Dean provides leadership and executive management to the different administrative units and departments that comprise the School.
- The Dean is responsible for strategic planning, budgeting, development, implementing, evaluating and improving programming in multiple disciplines in a variety of delivery modes, taking advantage of any innovative and entrepreneurial opportunities, and maintaining accreditation and professional standards.
- The Dean is the School's chief executive responsible for all staff and students, and for creating innovative opportunities to assure the development and progression of student services and educational experiences.
- The Dean must demonstrate a deep commitment to a strong curriculum that is aligned with international standards and relevant to business, industry and community needs.
- The Dean is expected to lead and coordinate the governance of the School, lead the processes of the School administrator selection and overseeing the processes of faculty and staff selection and retention and coordinate the professional development of School managers and staff and their performance appraisals.
- The Dean is expected to enhance instruction, ensure student satisfaction, provide collaborative leadership to staff, lead the School efforts toward achieving University goals and promote the School through enhancement of external relationships.
- The Dean is to oversee the development of an effective communications plan and student recruitment strategies
- The Dean is also expected to evaluate overall School productivity in number and range of students served, new programming initiatives and partnerships.
- The Dean is to supervise and support staff that promotes excellence in instruction, customer service and creative productivity.
- The Dean is to lead the setting of an annual business plan and budget for the School and provides leadership in achieving the net targets established by the plan.
- The Dean is to serve as a member of the Provost Council
- The Dean is to perform other related duties as recommended by the Provost
The successful candidate must have at least an earned Master's Degree while a Doctorate Degree is preferable, and at least five years of senior managerial experience in educational leadership in continuing and professional education. Specifically, the successful candidate must meet the following job requirements:
- Should be an internationally-experienced educational leader with interpersonal and leadership who has vision, imagination, and energy, possessing skills necessary to set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Extensive experience in continuing and professional education
- A record that shows a meaningful commitment to and demonstrated accomplishment in issues associated with inclusiveness and diversity
- A record demonstrating creative thinking and the ability to make clear, informed decisions
- A record demonstrating superior strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to articulate a compelling message to diverse audiences
- A proven record of revenue generation
- Experience in accreditation standards and agencies
- A collaborative leader with a proven track record for bringing groups together to meet objectives
- Experience with marketing programs successfully
- Experience in strategic planning and the ability to work collaboratively with key staff to identify the priorities of the School and develop strategies and tactics for achieving them
- Commitment to professional, community-based, applied, and innovative instruction
- Evidence of knowledge of local and regional information and national and international trends in continuing and professional education. A clear awareness of innovative pedagogical practices and the use of instructional technologies to support teaching and learning
- Financial acumen and proven abilities in budget and financial management
- Demonstrated strength in customer service, delivering results and thinking globally
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and develop partnerships
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately until November 25, 2018.
All applicants must submit the following documents via the online system: a) an updated CV; b) a letter of interest; c) names and contact information for at least three references familiar with your professional background; d) a completed AUC Personnel Information Form (PIF).
Your letter of interest should address your ability to lead a multi-disciplinary school and create a collaborative and inclusive environment.
To apply, please visit: http://www.aucegypt.edu/about/jobs
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency