This 1st level of administrative support performs standard secretarial and/or minor administrative duties under the direct supervision of either various higher level staff/faculty members, management and/or in some cases, lower level executive management.
- Supervise CCSE student assistants
- Scheduling, budgeting, and OneUSG management
- Planning, reporting and assessment with Associate Dean and Business Manager
- Hardware and Software purchasing, procurement and distribution
- Able to deal with multiple projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, problem solving, technology, organization, communication, and presentation
- Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Strong customer service and phone etiquette
High School diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years clerical experience.
Performs administrative duties to support assigned staff, faculty, management and/or executive management
Performs a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of a function, program, and/or dept; assists in program planning development; interpret, monitor, analyze information regarding operating policies procedures; administers budgets; coordinate academic and/or staff personnel matters. Performs "mid-level" administrative support duties; not a secretarial position.
This position will help oversee the budget of the College of Computing and Software Engineering Lab Fees. Work with the GCSE Lab Manager, Department Chairs and Office of the Dean to manage tutoring, teacher assistants and grader schedules based on operating budget. Supervise over 30 student assistant positions each semester and processes Payroll on bi-weekly basis using ADP. Procurement and Purchasing of all lab equipment and software for the College of Computing and Software Engineering.