Project Manager, Business Transformation
The Business Transformation Project Manager (BTPM) is responsible for constructing and leading detailed project plans designed to implement important business process transformation initiatives and strategies. The BTPM uses traditional project management tools combined with advanced transformation methodologies to successfully deliver large scale change initiatives which could potentially impact all the colleges, students, and employees at WGU. Business Process Transformation at WGU is not complete until the hearts and minds of the users and stakeholders are also transformed; therefore, the BTPM is a leader in both the human factors of transformation as well as the technology/process elements. The BTPM works at all levels of management and at all phases of transformation. Skills in business architecture mapping to synthesize business needs and technology needs into a target future state are just as important as the ability to deliver a complex project on schedule, at cost, and within service level agreements. A BTPM coordinates constantly with the project leadership in our education technology team as well as the process owners in our colleges and academic practices. The position will be directly involved in the largest and most important transformation projects at WGU.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, organizing, monitoring, and managing all phases of business transformation projects.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining professional working relations and communication with customers, project sponsors, service providers, and outside contacts.
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication and coordination within project team.
- Leadership of business architecture mapping and future state planning workshops with business process and EdTech (Information Technology) owners to design the roadmap for transformation.
- Plans, coordinates, and delivers one or more business transformation projects/programs across WGU.
- Secures commitments from different stakeholders to deliver the project to plan.
- Defines priorities and ensures alignment across all other transformation projects where interdependencies apply.
- Builds a project/program team from different capabilities and functional areas.
- Delivers financial and quality commitments according to the strategic plan.
- Ensures smooth deployment of process and EdTech (Information Technology) solutions in the colleges and practices across the university.
- Reports project/program status & risk regularly to the stakeholders, users, and leadership team.
- Key deliverables of each business transformation project include: standardized & optimized business processes, training materials and documentation, role descriptions, impact assessments for implementation, transformation communication plan and materials, EdTech solutions, data migration strategies, quality assurance plans, risk management plans, and performance metric/dashboard tracking.
- Collaborates with other professionals both inside and outside of the university to promote a positive, student-obsessed atmosphere.
- Consistently exhibits WGU’s Leadership Principles.
- Responds with urgency to organization needs and exhibits excellent judgment to deliver results.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to influence change and motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Ability to use all related computer equipment and applications
- Understanding of Business Process Architecture Mapping
- Excellent understanding of Change Management theory/techniques, and implementation into a project plan.
- Excellent understanding and skills in the change management process.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 7+ years of experience in Project/Change Management, for large and distributed organizations (5000+ employees).
- 5 years of experience in progressive project management & business transformation experience.
- Master’s degree (MBA, MS).
- Project Management (PMP) or Scrum Master (CSM) Certification or the ability to obtain.
- Black Belt or Master Black Best certification.
- Lean Silver or Gold certification.
- Professional experience in strategic planning, risk management.
- Experience working with SalesForce software
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States