Job Number: 80464
Job Code: 1733
Job Grade: E
(60%FTE / 24 hours per week)
One year fixed-term
A cover letter and resume are required for full consideration.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is seeking a part-time (60%FTE / 24 hours per week) Library Specialist for a one year fixed-term. Reading knowledge of Russian is required.
About Stanford University's Hoover Institution: The Hoover Institution on War, Revolution, and Peace is a public policy research center devoted to the advanced study of economics, politics, history, and political economy—both domestic and foreign—as well as international affairs.
Founded in 1919 by Herbert Hoover before he became the thirty-first president of the United States, the Institution began as a repository of historical material gathered at the end of World War I. The library and archives have grown to be among the largest private repositories of documents on twentieth-century political and economic history. Over time the Institution expanded its mission from collecting archival material to conducting advanced research on contemporary history and economics and applying this scholarship to current public policy challenge.
With its eminent scholars and world-renowned library and archives, the Hoover Institution seeks to improve the human condition by advancing ideas that promote economic opportunity and prosperity, while securing and safeguarding peace for America and all humanity.
The Library Specialist performs a variety of complex duties within one or more functional areas of a library. Applies specialized knowledge and/or subject expertise under minimal supervision, exercising a high degree of initiative. Particular emphasis on materials relating to the Russian Far East and Russia/Russians in the Asia-Pacific Region. May supervise employees and manage a small unit or after hours' operations by overseeing daily operations and updating and maintaining facilities and equipment.
- Provide reference and research assistance
- Compile detailed finding aids to archival collections
- Prepare materials for accessioning by sorting and organizing, identifying duplicates and other categories
- Creating and maintaining lists and simple databases of acquired materials using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Draft written reports for supervisor
- Perform a wide range of activities, including creation of simple metadata elements, throughout a variety of reformatting workflows for archival materials
- Supervise the operations of a unit including supervision of lower level staff
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Two-year college degree plus three or more years of experience in an academic library or archives, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. BA in relevant field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The Hoover Institution at Stanford University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Hoover Institution, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency