Business and Finance
September 27, 2018
November 26, 2018
This position will serve as integral part of the Office of Student Financial Services by providing accounting services necessary to the accomplishment of accurate accounting for University activity with a major emphasis in cash activities.
- Assist in training the Student Accounts/Cahier Office staff regarding payment modules in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Daily cash reconciliation on all cash and merchant accounts.
- Reconcile all cash accounts monthly, within ten days of receiving information from various banks, making required journal entries. Ensure accurate postings of transactions and make executive decisions regarding erroneous transactions.
- Ensure that all merchant chargebacks and returned checks are processed properly.
- Monitor all Restricted and Unrestricted bank accounts daily online: perform necessary research on incoming funds as necessary.
- Act as liaison with all banks and financial service providers preserving relationships in efforts to give the University the best services, products and fees possible.
- Monitor stale-dated checks, complete the necessary correspondence and maintain appropriate records related to Escheatment.
- Provide Deputy CFO cash balances daily.
- Serve as a liaison between financial operations and the Office of Institutional Advancement by providing information and assistance on payments related to Alumni Affairs, Text2Give, and Advancement. Research and analyze their requests as needed.
- Reconcile monthly the cash clearing account to ensure all posted balances are cleared by the following month.
- Investigate checks received with no documentation from external sources.
- Assist in the preparation of various schedules and bank reconciliations for the Annual Audit.
- Monitor outstanding check lists on all bank accounts and make recommendation for items to be escheated to the State or Department of Education.
- Work with North Carolina Department of Treasury on items submitted to the State for Escheatment.
- Perform petty cash counts and examining department controls and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance and 1-3 years of work-related experience.
- Must have strong business oral and written communication skills with an ability to interact well with faculty, staff, and the university community.
- Excellent technical accounting, analytical, problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems. Experience working with queries.
- A firm foundation in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and FASB statements as they relate to the private non-profit industry.
- Process Improvement focused and the ability to own and remediate identified issues.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic GP financial software a plus
- Previous experience in a non-profit or higher education organization.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to :
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: [email protected] or
Notices and Disclaimers:
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.