Assistant Controller-Student Financial Services
Assistant Controller - Student Financial Services
Business and Finance
September 27, 2018
November 26, 2018
The position plans, coordinates and monitors the operation and administration of the Financial Services department within the Office of Business and Finance. Financial Services department functions include: (1) the operation of the Office of Student Accounts handling the collection of tuition, fees, outside scholarships and miscellaneous revenues; (2) the operation of Accounts Receivable area handling billing, collections, return to Title IV processing and financial aid refunds; (3) Reconciliation of Financial Aid in coordination with Financial Aid and the Registrars Office and (3) the accounting for Cash receipts for the University through the Cashier’s Office
- Manages financial functions pertaining to Accounts Receivable, Cashier’s Office, and Collections.
- Communicates with other departments throughout the University (i.e. Student Services, Financial Aid, Registrar, etc.) and with third party vendors to facilitate workflow and compliance within the Office of Student Accounts. Responsible for outbound and inbound student communication.
- Provides management reporting to facilitate the review of Accounts Receivable & Customer Service. Responsible for reporting collection data to Deputy CFO and will serve as the audit liaison for the area during the year end auditor.
- Participates in the preparation of federal and state financial reports and provides verification of these reports for state auditors. Responsible for federal documentation files and reports.
- Leads engagement with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate closure of outstanding accounts receivables.
- Monitors financial and team performance on a daily and routine basis and leads remediation and workaround efforts to ensure high performance of the team.
- Provides training and guidance to supervisors and team members to ensure high performance levels. Establishes goals and metrics for Accounts Receivable and Financial Services.
- Manages and supervises the cashier's office personnel.
- Oversees and manages student accounts as well as financial and student information systems.
- Safeguards all cash assets.
- Implements the Post-Award Financial process.
- Provides services to campus departments as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and at least seven (7) years of prior work-related experience. Master’s degree preferred. Eye for details and a mindset and focus of process improvement. Ability to own and re-mediate identified issues. Must be data-driven, analytical, and a solution focused problem solver.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 OR
Email: Hr@st-aug.edu OR
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.