Coordinator of Student Engagement and Leadership
Bridgewater College seeks job candidates for the position of Coordinator of Student Engagement and Leadership. The position is a full-time, 12-month position.
The focus of this position is to provide direction, support and advising to the campus programming board, Eagle Productions, student senate, and all student led clubs and organizations. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing programs utilizing the Student Life Curriculum. They will provide primary oversight for Eagle Productions with training of staff and direction and supervision of weekly weekend events. This position will be responsible for approving club events, training, and policy compliance for student organizations in addition to providing oversight of student club campus events, managing campus traditions, as well as fostering communication and collaboration among students and organizations.
- Work to develop comprehensive student activities incorporating programming for Eagle Productions, clubs and organizations, and other campus entities.
- Primary advisor for Eagle Productions.
- Develop all programs and trainings utilizing the Student Life Curriculum.
- Collaboratively work with the Director of the Zane Showker Institute for Responsible Leadership to develop leadership programs and outcome-driven initiatives for student leaders.
- Oversee campus clubs and organizations including student leader and advisor training and administering an annual registration process.
- Collaboratively work across Student Life to develop opportunities for commuters to be engaged on campus.
- Provide direction for a vibrant student mascot program
- Assist with programming between various clubs and organizations
- Coordinate with other campus offices for events such as Homecoming, Family Weekend, Relay for Life, etc.
- Develop, implement, and assess campus traditions.
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university required, Master’s Degree in higher education or related field is preferred.
- Prior programming experience and work with clubs and organizations in higher education is preferred.
- Proven strength in marketing and promotion of campus events.
- Experience working with a curriculum is preferred.
- Flexibility for nights and weekends required
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required.
Bridgewater offers Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees in more than 60 majors and minors, along with multiple areas of emphasis and concentrations, pre-professional programs such as medicine and law, dual degree programs and teacher certification. The college is a member of NCAA Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference, with 22 intercollegiate athletic teams. The vibrant 300-acre residential campus includes an equestrian center and is located in the town of Bridgewater, Virginia, near the city of Harrisonburg in the center of the Shenandoah Valley. An excellent school system, healthy business environment, numerous arts and cultural events, one of the state's lowest crime rates, and a variety of outdoor opportunities and historic attractions draw many to the region.
Additional Information: Email [email protected]
Apply: Please complete the online application at www.bridgewater.edu/careers. Include (upload) a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information (email and mobile phone) for three references.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Bridgewater College is an equal opportunity provider, committed to employing a diverse faculty and staff, and actively seeks applications from women, minorities, and other persons from traditionally under-represented groups.