This is the most exciting time to be working at Los Angeles Pacific University, part of the Azusa Pacific University System! With our team of dedicated professionals and faculty, we are creating a new hope for the future by investing in lives through learning pathways that are Christ-centered, flexible and accessible.
If you want to join a dynamic, God-first culture that strives to provide quality academic programs to countless students, we welcome you to apply.
Be a part of this powerful campus of an already-prestigious university that offers flexibility and innovative delivery of education to learners everywhere.
If you have a passion for service, education and innovation, we’re interested in talking to you!
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: 30 days PTO, med/dental/vision plans, life/LTD/ADD insurance, retirement and tuition assistance.
The primary functions of this position are the overseeing and management of the evaluation process of transcripts for potential learners applying to enter degree programs at LAPU, and providing first tier academic advising support to both learners and the Student Success Team. This position is also responsible for promoting consistency and clarity in the area of transfer guidelines and articulation agreements.
Required Experience / Education
- Christian Commitment: Vital Christian faith and lifestyle.
- Supportive of the evangelical mission and purpose of LAPU and the Azusa Pacific University System.
Desired Experience / Education
- At least 3 years experience in higher education (Student Records and Academic Advising with experience using CollegeSource TES® preferred) or related experience with transferable skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Evaluates and enters transfer work for all prospective and newly enrolled LAPU learners in Jenzabar. Determines LAPU undergraduate requirements met by transfer courses, AP and CLEP. Performs transfer evaluations for prospective learners as requested by the Enrollment team.
· Provides learners and Student Success Team with detailed academic advising reports once transfer credit is entered into Jenzabar.
· Approves incoming transfer coursework for current learners. Processes waivers and substitutions.
· Participates in development of LAPU policies and practices as related to the processes for all pre-evaluations, learner tracking, and advising reports.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of the English language, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures in a university setting.
- Ability to be proactive, take ownership of assigned responsibilities, work with moderate supervision, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Accuracy in basic math (addition, subtraction, fractions, percentages, and basic statistical calculations).
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team-based, fast-paced atmosphere.
- A positive, cooperative, Christ-like attitude supportive of the University and its mission.
- A “servant’s heart” that delights in providing the highest quality academic support services.
This position typically includes the following physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Jenzabar EX Student System – Registration and Advising modules.
- Google G-Suite (GMail, GSheets, GDocs).
- TES® by CollegeSource.
- Office applications software—Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel (required).
This job description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Los Angeles Pacific University reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the University may deem appropriate.
Grade 7: $17.72/hr- $22.14/hr
Los Angeles Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.