Program Manager, Immigration Services
The program manager provides expert advice, consultation and service for immigration regulatory and legal requirements, under the H-1B and Permanent Residency programs. The program manager collaborates with faculty, staff and other stakeholders who will be using these sponsorship programs to hire foreign national employees. The program manager will provide leadership, vision, and strategic direction as it relates to the University's employment based petitions.
Qualification/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Two years of experience working with and extensive knowledge of, employment-based immigration regulations, policies, and procedures in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and understand complex federal immigration regulations and communicate them to others using clear, concise language.
Communication and other skills:
- Experience filing and maintaining employment-based immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions and green card cases.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience planning, preparing, and giving formal presentations.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and experience working in a diverse environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Strong focus on high quality customer service.