Staff Executive - Office of the Executive Vice President
Min Salary The salary minimum for this position is $38,537 annually (paid on an hourly basis) Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Working Title Staff Executive - Office of the Executive Vice President Campus Location Greeley FLSA Non-Exempt Position Type Staff Full-time Posting Text
Posting Number 201500569P Job Summary
Initial review of applications: September 5, 2018
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018!
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice – The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
The Staff Executive will coordinate all executive-level operations and meetings within the Executive Vice President’s office, being responsible for the current, accurate and timely communication links between Cabinet, College Council, the College community and the public. This position is the focal point for all communications within the Executive Vice President’s office, as such, the ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Staff Executive will provide the primary administrative support to the Executive Vice President (EVP) to leverage effective use of the Executive Vice President’s time. This position is responsible for assisting the coordination of activities through the Executive Vice President’s office such as college projects, processes, and deadlines.
The Staff Executive performs highly-responsible and complex administrative work requiring a deep knowledge of college policies, procedures and operations. This includes: calendar management, handling phone calls and messaging, greeting visitors, making appropriate referrals, coordinating travel, organization of meetings including agenda and logistics management, preparation and/or revision of presentation materials, official letters and memos, processing income and outgoing mail, submitting check requests, maintaining and organizing procurement card expenditures and operating budget.
Duties, Roles & Responsibilities:
1.Provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President.
2.Exercises discretion in handling administrative records, files, and similar confidential items, and prepare letters, memos and other related documents from scratch, rough drafts, and corrected copies utilizing various business software programs.
3.Provides administrative support for production and dissemination of the EVP’s meeting agendas and supporting materials.
4.Maintains clean, comprehensive filing system. Creates files and records within overall office protocols and guidelines, update files and records, and retrieve files and documents as needed.
5.Arranges travel for the EVP. Coordinate and plan EVP’s travel, p-cards, and mileage.
6.Manage multiple scheduling/calendar events for EVP. Have access to Cabinet, College Council, Institutional Research (accreditation and grants) calendars to facilitate setting meetings for EVP.
7.Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressure.
8.Prepares and distributes agendas and supplemental materials for EVP meetings, and attends a variety of meetings, preparing minutes as directed by the EVP, screens visitors, and telephone calls; retrieves, sorts and distributes mail.
9.Collect and coordinate information from college divisions to create reports. Assist as needed to create and edit presentations. Provides special project work to support the efforts of the EVP.
10.Coordinating and centralizing assigned activities through the EVP’s office. Keep the other Staff Executives “in the loop” regarding college projects and deadlines and schedules.
11.Follows up on contacts made by the EVP and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships, adhering to College values.
12.Monitor and manage department’s budgets for appropriate FOAP for requisitions. Process check requests, review p-card expenses in a timely manner.
13.Create and maintain assigned Operating Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures with changes submitted by the Executive Vice President.
14. Exercise significant decision making and initiative in areas that effect the entire college.
15.Answer questions, provide information, and make decisions based on College Policy and Procedures.
16.Maintain files and records, which often contain confidential and sensitive information.
17.Ensures the smooth and professional operation of the EVP office, and makes decisions of a clerical nature and executes those decisions and functions to completion.
18.Informs the EVP of potential problems concerning internal and external customers, employees, vendors, and other constituents.
19.Anticipates the EVP’s work-related needs to make sure they are prepared for daily operations and decision-making.
20.Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1.Knowledge of student development theory and programs.
2.Skill in supervisory practices and techniques; skilled in presenting ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
3.Ability to communicate effectively
Functional Attributes of Job Duty Minimum Qualifications
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1.Associate’s degree, plus five (5) years’ of related progressively responsible experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2.Knowledge and demonstrated experience with: computer programs and software to include but not limited to Microsoft office suite and Google products; records maintenance; office management principles and practices; finance, budgeting and cost control procedures.
3.Must be able to demonstrate experience with: effective communication skills both orally and in writing; investigate, analyze information, draw conclusions and make recommendations based on data or findings; perform advanced research, organize resources and establish priorities; and work as a team member and foster a cooperative work environment
1.Exceptional interpersonal communications skills.
2.Demonstrated experience with project management principles, techniques and tools.
Work Hours Posting Date 08/15/2018 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Initial review of applications: September 5, 2018
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications, as outlined in the job posting, have been met. The Application is considered to be the legal document on file; resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered “Incomplete”, the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if “see resume” (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the “Required Documents” section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Employment Specifications Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/3562 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the “Work Experience” section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
Applicant Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Copy of Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document