Graduate Student Recruiter
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2018-08-06
Graduate Student Recruiter
Texas A&M University - Commerce
College Of Science & Engineering
Proposed Minimum Salary
APPLICANT: Before you apply please have all documents available to upload during the application process. See Instructions below.
The Graduate Student Recruiter, reporting to the Dean of the College of Science & Engineering (CoSE) and working in collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management & Retention will develop, coordinate and participate in activities, events, and programs that promote the various CoSE graduate programs offered by the University. Position is responsible for performing student recruitment, marketing and follow up activities necessary to carry out the mission and strategic plan of the College of Science & Engineering and the University. Position provides detailed information regarding business graduate programs and refers to University resources that can assist prospective graduate students in addressing their inquiries, needs and/or concerns regarding admission to Graduate School and their desired graduate program. In addition the CoSE Graduate Student Recruiter supports other graduate recruiting activities across campus and participates as a supporting team member of the larger campus recruiting team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs graduate level recruitment and marketing for all CoSE graduate programs, and provides initial information that facilitates candidate application to CoSE graduate programs.
- Coordinates the development of potential recruitment programs and activities with prospective partners to enhance relationships, university brand and recruitment opportunities with these groups.
- Presents and communicates information about University major/degree options and requirements for all CoSE graduate programs.
- Provides information regarding specific degree requirements, financial aid, graduate assistantships and social/community/honors opportunities for graduate students.
- Tracks and responds to all inquiries from prospective students, concerning admission requirements and any other general information pertaining to A&M-Commerce and CoSE graduate programs.
- Collects and assesses data for key metrics related to graduate student recruitment success.
- Utilizes university designated Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to ensure systematic outreach and follow-up, collaborative communications and data sharing among university constituencies.
- Keeps abreast of current information about graduate programs.
- Collaborates with university faculty, staff and students to build and share knowledge to enhance outreach and recruitment efforts.
- Ensures recruitment efforts are in accordance with the prescribed admission policies outlined in the Graduate Catalog.
- Maintains familiarity Financial Aid & Scholarships, advising and registration process, and other student services provided by the university.
- Develops and maintain ongoing working relationships with external agencies such as, but not limited to, educational service centers, private sector human resources offices, regional companies, conferences and marketing events, four-year postsecondary institutions to educate and promote university graduate programs.
- Develops and maintains working relationships and communication with internal offices such as, but not limited to, the A&M Commerce’s International Student Office, the Alumni Office, Registrar’s Office and the Office of Student Organization.
- Serves as the CoSE liaison with the office of Marketing Communications for the development of graduate CoSE marketing materials and maintaining the CoSE graduate web pages.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or closely related field or a Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated STEM related experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two years of related experience in advising, recruitment, sales or related field. Prior office administration, marketing and/or customer service experience. Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce/Target X), word processing and spreadsheet applications. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Effective spoken and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to present information clearly and concisely. Ability to communicate information individually, in small groups or in formal large group settings.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
- Other Requirements: Ability to travel to external agencies such as, but not limited to, regional education centers, private sector human resources offices, regional companies, conferences and marketing events, and four-year postsecondary institutions. Ability to work outside normal office hours and/or work on weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in a STEM or closely related field. Prior work experience in higher education. Prior experience in promoting and/or marketing academic programs. Working knowledge of web page development and/or web page maintenance. Familiarity with A&M-Commerce.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT: During the application process you have only one opportunity to upload documents. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
- Cover Letter
- At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
- Transcripts if a degree is required.
Applications received by Texas A&M University-Commerce must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.