Outdoor Excursions Program Coordinator
Commensurate with Experience
The University of California, Riverside Recreation department seeks a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and proactive professional to assist the Assistant Recreation Director of Outdoor Programs in the student staff development and supervision of the Outdoor Excursions Program. This position is designated as a Career Ladder recruitment, which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. Therefore, this position is currently posted as Outdoor Excursions Program Coordinator (Level 3; Requisition #201806271561) another position is posted as Outdoor Excursions Program Coordinator (Level 4, Requisition #2018006271581). Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match to your skills. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the recruitment for which they applied.
Strong proficiency in the use of basic computer applications relevant to job duties.
Strong service orientation; program management, sound judgment and decision-making, critical thinking skills, skills to develop original ideas, creative problem solving skills in a varied and challenging environment.
Client service focused, entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking skills to resolve non-standard issues.
Ability to work in youth camps, fitness and outdoor programs.
Highly effective verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization.
Thorough knowledge of program activity and industry best practices.
Thorough knowledge of campus policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview