Course Instructor, Human Resources
A new kind of U. As a competency-based, student-focused, online, nonprofit university, we do things a bit differently at WGU. From the bottom up, we're designed with students in mind—particularly, the busy, working, adult student who wants to earn a bachelor's or master's degree but for whom a traditional university education simply won't do. As a Course Instructor your primary focus is student learning!
Course Instructors at WGU function in a professorial role as subject matter experts who teach and assist students as they engage specific sections of the WGU curriculum. The type, length, and intensity of instructional methods vary based upon student needs. Course Instructors help students with specific questions that arise and offer specialized instruction on challenging topics. Their primary focus is bringing WGU courses of study to life through one-to-one engagement. Course Instructors do not develop WGU courses, construct tests, or grade assessments independently- but rather wholly focus on student learning and student success. Course Instructor contribution to this team effort reflects the university’s disaggregated model. Their experience and training showcases their subject matter expertise.
A Doctorate degree is required with 5+ years of industry experience in Human Resources
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience teaching adults in Higher Education; preferably in an online distance based model
- Doctorate in Human Resources, HR Management or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in Human Resources
- Experience providing student support and instruction; demonstrated ability to work with struggling or at-risk learners
- Ability to breakdown and disseminate difficult topics in a manner that students will understand and grasp
- Ability to travel for training, Academic Meetings and/ or Commencements
- Ability to work a student-friendly schedule (evenings/weekends)
- Preference given to candidates who hold one of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR, CPLP, or APT
- Previous experience teaching a variety of undergraduate Human Resource courses is desirable
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service (AKA “Student Obsession) to our Students
- This is a work from home position and you must reside within the lower 48 states
WORK FROM HOME, United States