Mail Room Coordinator
Job Description Summary
The Mail Room Coordinator is responsible for receiving, distributing, and the processing of mail and packages for Saint Leo University. The Coordinator's primary function is to ensure completion of all day to day operations for the Stephen Hermann Mail Center.
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
The Mail Room Coordinator will assist in the completion of all day to day operations for the Stephen Herrmann Mail Center as required to keep the operations for Saint Leo University functioning effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with the hiring, training, and supervision of student employees for the University Mail Center
- Assist with completing weekly, monthly, and yearly postage assessments and departmental reporting
- Assist with ensuring University compliance with the United States Postal Service Regulations
- Assist with delivering cases of paper to campus locations when requested
- Deliver and pickup mail and packages to/from the west end of campus
- Monitor all postage accounts and request funds when balances are low
- Maintain and monitor accurate records for all mailbox assignments and corresponding keys for residential students and departments
- Process all incoming mail and distribute accordingly to designated department(s) and student(s) mailboxes
- Process all incoming department/faculty/staff packages and deliver to corresponding location
- Process all incoming student packages and distribute to students when they come to pick up
- Process all outgoing University department mail and packages
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be ethical person with strong values that align with the University's Core Values
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record. Must be able to pass a background check and driving test to operate university vans and golf carts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or one year of full-time postal and/or university mail center experience required
- Experience working with college students preferred
- Three (3) plus years of United States Postal Service or similar experience preferred
- Ability to lift and carry/move packages weighing 50+ lbs with proper material handling equipment on re-occuring basis
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.