Senior Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado
Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Department of Epidemiology
Senior Professional Research Assistant (Sr. PRA)
Nature of Work:
The Department of Epidemiology has an opening for a full-time Sr. PRA position. The incumbent will work as a statistical analyst within the Epidemiology core of a large multicenter observational study. The successful candidate will provide statistical analyses and data management at the University of Colorado as part of a team of faculty and students, as well as independently, to analyze clinical, and epidemiologic data on the causes and consequences of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The incumbent will report to Dr. Greg Kinney, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Epidemiology.
Examples of Work Performed:
Statistical analyses and data management support for our investigative team
- Organizing data for statistical analysis;
- Creating analytical data sets;
- Merging and analyzing large complex data files;
- Determining applicability and suitability of statistical packages for data management and analysis;
- Applying proper statistical techniques and analyses of project data;
- Harmonizing project data with international consortia for meta-analyses and replication;
- Organizing, preparing and presenting material for seminars, workshops, and publications;
- Writing new procedures for data management or statistical analysis;
- Communicating with the investigators and other research scientists and analysts involved in this large national multicenter study.
Specifically, the incumbent will
- Develop analytic plans, including calculating sample sizes,
- Define outcome variables and covariates to be used and determine specific statistical methods to employ.
- Perform analyses using a variety of statistical techniques, such as multiple linear regression, mixed modeling, logistic regression, and survival analysis.
- Summarize results in reports and methods sections of manuscripts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical skills include significant programming background in SAS and R.
- Experience with MS Office, PASS, and other applications for data cleaning, analysis, graphics creation and power calculations.
- Ability to perform complex analytical studies, including multiple linear regression, mixed modeling, logistic regression, and survival analysis and interpret results.
- Ability to communicate effectively to present and explain recommendations, while providing guidance to the Investigator.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The salary range for this position has been established at $60,000 to $70,000. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master's degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
- At least one year of specialized experience
- Knowledge of clinical and genetic epidemiology
- Expertise in the design and implementation of the study of disease etiology, and longitudinal data analysis, merging of large data sets and data harmonization, and performing analyses using Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) or R or other relevant software.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Greg Kinney at firstname.lastname@example.org Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14777
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21434 - CSPH-Epidemiology General Ops
Posting Date: Sep 21, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Greg Kinney
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00754827