Technology Support Specialist
Department: ITS - User Supp and Engagement - 607000
Vacancy ID: P009108
Position Summary: This position will provide timely, customer-focused administrative systems support services for MDS customers within the scope of the MDS service portfolio.
This position's primary role will be IT Asset Manager, with Configuration Management and Workstation Engineering duties as secondary responsibilities.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain IT asset management guidelines and practices
- Utilize asset and service management (ITSM) tools to store, track and manage IT asset inventories
- Plan and schedule asset lifecycle refresh
- Develop, document and maintain baseline configurations for configuration items
- Manage desktop engineering functions including the creation and maintenance of standard desktop images and software application packages
- Automate hardware, firmware, software and security updates
- Lead projects involving asset and configuration management deliverables
- Manage multiple projects with varying complexities to produce deliverables on-time and within scope/budget
Application Deadline: 10/05/2018
Qualification and Experience: - Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration; Networking Technology, or related areas and two years of experience in the Information Technology field related to the position's role; or a - Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position's role, or a - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position's role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. - Journey level requires an additional one year of experience. - Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Department Contact Name and Title:
Department Contact Telephone Number or Email:
Special Instructions for Applicants: Please attach any certifications you hold relevant to this position.