Financial Reporting Analyst
8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $74,650
The Reporting Financial Analyst will assist in providing data analysis and reporting to the School of Medicine. The role is to turn data into information - to be able to access, analyze and present reporting information from operational, financial, clinical and/or industry data sources to help guide decision-making for the school. The incumbent will be responsible for complex financial analytics and providing monthly and/or AdHoc reports as needed. Additionally, the Analyst will demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques in providing accurate reports. Please be advised that the full annualized salary range for this position is $60,100 to $118,300; however due to budgetary reasons, the pay for this position will be based on the candidate's education/experience and will not exceed the 1st quartile of the pay scale which is $74,700
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Mid to high level excel knowledge.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview