Housing-Custodial - 163801
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday; 19/week Temporary Position
UNT Housing Custodial Services prides itself on providing an exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for students, faculty and visitors to our campus.
* This posting is an hourly position and is non-benefits eligible.
The Housing-Custodial Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Part-Time Custodian to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* This is cleaning work and custodial care of University buildings. Work involves the performance of cleaning and sanitation work in an assigned building or work area, and occasional special project work.
* The position will move furniture, sweep, mop, strip floors including application of non-ammoniated stripper, buffing, using wet vacuum to remove wax, rinse, refinish floors with wax, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, abilities and skills are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions ability to read and understand labels on chemicals.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring and mixing chemicals).
* Sufficient knowledge of cleaning methods and the proper use of cleaning equipment.
* Ability to operate vacuum cleaner, floor waxer, floor buffer, and other cleaning equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating cleaning equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Ability to recognize and to report maintenance needs in buildings.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting