Enterprise Applications Developer
Enterprise Applications Developer
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://jobs.miracosta.edu
Discipline or Department: Academic Information Services
Position Type: Staff/Classified
Hourly Rate or Monthly Salary: 7,981.42
Working Hours: POSITION AVAILABLE: One regular, full-time position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. This is an exempt position. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Apply and submit application materials through MiraCosta College's online application system at https://jobs.miracosta.edu. Once you are in the system, we strongly advise you to read the information on "How to Apply" and the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) before starting the application process.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number by 11:59 PM on the closing date:
1. Application for classified employment on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A cover letter addressed to the "Screening and Interview Committee", specifically describing how your experience aligns with the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation. If your degree(s) is from a college or university anywhere outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf. NOTE: When you "APPLY FOR THIS POSTING," you will eventually be asked to answer the Supplemental Questions listed below. Your answers will appear at the bottom of the application form.
- MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. Describe your own commitment to diversity and how you will meet the minimum qualifications of "sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic background of community college students."
- Do you have a minimum of 3 years of technical experience supporting enterprise Financial or HR applications (preferably Workday HR/Financials)?
- Please list the enterprise applications (with versions), your support role (developer, analyst, etc.), and years of experience with that application.
- Please describe any experience developing or supporting data integrations (preferably web services integrations) with the above enterprise applications.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to four (4) weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 2) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 3) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; and 4) fingerprint clearance.
Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the application and/or interview process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6854 at least five (5) days prior to the closing date.
Retired STRS members are not eligible for these positions.
Basic Function and Other Details:
Under general supervision, perform a variety of professional technical functions involving application production support of the district's enterprise business systems including PeopleSoft Enterprise Campus Solutions, Workday HR/Financials, and related systems. Incumbents analyze, design, program, test, implement and maintain assigned modules; work with Business Systems Analysts, users and other Academic Information Services staff to resolve applications and database problems and other business and operational issues; and perform related duties as assigned.
Enterprise Applications Developer is the journey-level position in the Enterprise Applications Developer series. The Enterprise Applications Developer is distinguished from Senior Enterprise Applications Developer by the former's responsibility for performing a variety of technical journey-level functions involving the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise business systems, while incumbents in the latter class work on technical assignments involving broader, more complex design and development issues.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Define scope, boundaries and deliverables for assigned applications development projects to meet user requirements; translate system specifications/requirements into logical system processes; design and develop systems and/or subsystems to meet user needs; write or modify and test program code, using standard applicable software development tools and programming languages; prioritize workload with current requests and departmental needs; debug, correct and maintain systems and programs developed by applications development staff.
2. Provide application production and user support for assigned modules of the enterprise system; analyze and troubleshoot functional and technical problems including database, hardware, software and communication-related errors; research enterprise system and inter-face documentation; identify errors and work with Senior Applications Developers, Business Systems Analysts, other Academic Information Services staff, vendor representatives and users to make necessary changes to solve problems; serve as a technical resource to district users for assigned applications.
3. Participate on teams for software development projects involving major enhancements or upgrades of enterprise-scale systems; analyze system data, processes and system interactions to identify and evaluate the impact of maintenance on and enhancement changes to ongoing production; review methods to access, use and/or migrate data and convert legacy systems to new technologies; plan and perform system enhancements and maintenance.
4. Participate in the implementation of PeopleSoft system patches and upgrades and test activities for regulatory updates and system-level upgrades; reconcile customizations to baseline code with code updates provided by product vendor.
5. Participate in the design, development and maintenance of data-level integrations and ETL processes between PeopleSoft Enterprise and related enterprise applications, including real-time web services-based integrations; perform PeopleSoft security analyses of roles, permission lists, web libraries, queries and database security grants and privileges.
6. Serve as project lead on a development team for small stand-alone applications development and maintenance assignments; work closely with customers and Business Systems Analysts to set priorities, task lists, time estimates and acceptance criteria; coordinate the completion of project tasks to meet time, quality and cost expectations; use adaptive project management techniques and methods to guide project development; regularly meet with customers to review project status and resolve development and implementation issues.
7. Develop custom queries and reports to meet user requirements; write program code to extend system functionality, incorporate new subsystems and make other applications changes and updates; develop test environments and participate in conducting and analyzing the results of system testing processes to ensure performance against application requirements; develop user and applications documentation.
8. Provide on-call support for enterprise applications. OTHER DUTIES:
1. Stay abreast of industry trends and changes in information technology to keep knowledge and skills current.
2. Evaluate new technology solutions and make recommendations to senior staff on procurement specifications and product fit.
3. May participate in peer code review and in the development of software standards.
4. Perform related duties as assigned.
Type of Benefits:
A full benefit package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS).
To be eligible for this position, you must meet and provide evidence of the following minimum qualifications:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or a related field, and three years of progressively responsible experience in systems analysis and applications design/development; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Experience with PeopleSoft is preferred.
1. 3-5 years technical experience in Workday HR/Financials business processes, report generation, configuration and interface architecture. 2. Knowledge of Workday implementation tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Studio, Workday Report Writer, and iLoad)
Licenses and Other Requirements: A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district's vehicle insurance program.
Closing Date: 10-26-2018
First Screening Date:
Human Resources Contact Information:
[email protected] or 760.795.6854
About MiraCosta College
The MiraCosta Community College District is one of California's 114 public community colleges. The district includes the communities of Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Cardiff, Olivenhain, Leucadia, Solana Beach, Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, Carmel Valley, and parts of Camp Pendleton.
MiraCosta offers undergraduate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities, as well as a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomanufacturing.
The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. The Oceanside Campus, serving approximately 10,500 students, is located on a panoramic 121-acre hilltop site with views of the ocean and mountains. The San Elijo Campus is located in Cardiff, 17 miles south of Oceanside, and attracts more than 3,000 students. The Community Learning Center in downtown Oceanside hosts about 2,500 students in the college's noncredit programs including English as a Second Language, the Adult High School Diploma Program, and other tuition-free, noncredit classes. The Technology Career Institute (TCI) in Carlsbad is part of the college’s Career Education Department. It offers our local community members the opportunity to enhance their lives and their careers with low-cost, hassle-free classes, workshops, and programs, as well as certificate programs to train skilled workers in industries such as high-tech manufacturing, maritime technology, and emerging technologies. The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) located at the TCI provides resources, workshops, and leadership programs for small businesses and serves all of North San Diego and Imperial Counties. The Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC), also located at the TCI, provides entrepreneurial development services such as business training, counseling, and mentoring, as well as referrals for eligible veterans and military spouses owning or considering starting a small business enterprise in Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency