Health Care Assistant
Functions as customer service representative both in person and over the phone in a mental health setting at Counseling and Psychiatric Services; successful candidate will schedule appointments, greet visitors, and check in/check out patients to clinic; responsible for data entry and medical insurance verification.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets patients in order to determine needs; registers and directs patients to the correct appointment areas.
- Verifies insurance coverage and authorizations
- Schedules appointments, receives and routes calls and relays messages.
- Orders, updates, copies and files patients' charts/medical records in order to insure their availability for health care providers within electronic medical records systems
- Schedules lab tests, retrieves and routes results to health care providers
- Types materials, completes and verifies forms, and maintains general filing system
- Monitors supply inventory
- Patients - in order to schedule appointments, obtain information
- Health Care Providers - in order to communicate patients; needs and concerns
- Co-workers - in order to assist in daily activities and provide patient and/or clinic information.
- Medical Records Personnel - in order to request records and verify patient information.
- Supervisor - in order to receive direction and provide patient information.
- Laboratory and Radiology Staff - in order to obtain results.
- Billing Personnel - in order to clarify bills and discuss the billing process.
Knowledge normally acquired through a high school education; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in a mental health setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires knowledge of electronic medical record and patient scheduling systems. Requires certification as a medical assistant or administrative assistant (CMAA); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
Experience with Athena and/or Titanium, more than six months experience.Required Application Materials
Resume and cover letterWork Hours
9am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 8am-5pm on Fridays and MSU semester breaksSummary of Health Risks
TB/Bloodborne pathogen exposure
Bidding eligibility ends on 9/25/18 at 11:55 PM.