Specialist - Advisor-Fixed Term
The Academic Specialist in the College of Social Science will support and advise undergraduate students on co-curricular opportunities and experiential learning programs as well as recruit, promote and help develop new programs in the College.
Promote and develop co-curricular opportunities for all College of Social Science students to assist all undergraduate students in completing their experiential learning requirements
- Advising students interested in study abroad and study away options and recruiting for these programs
- Work with the Assistant Dean and advisors to develop and facilitate study abroad/study away pre-departure and re-entry programming for students
- Coordinate all study away programming in the College, including recruitment, budgeting, financial and logistical matters, and working with faculty
- Coordinate social medial platforms for promotion for study abroad, study away, service learning, and community engagement
- Work with advisors and faculty in the College to emphasize the importance of, and expand the number of, co-curricular activities
- Collaborate with the Assistant Dean to manage the portfolio of study abroad/study away programming for students for enrollment, course approvals, and assessments.
During the fall or spring semester teach courses or develop workshops associated with preparation for experiential learning programs.Required Degree
- Master's Degree in Social Science, Higher Education, or Student Affairs;
- Three to five years of experience in Student Advising, experience with Study Abroad and other Experiential Learning Programs.
- Excellent written, oral, and dynamic presentation communication.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work with Academic Advisors, diverse student populations, and faculty.
CV, Letter of Interest, and name and contact information for three referencesReview of Applications Begins On
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.