Senior Business Analyst
Requisition # 2018-9330
Department Fin Org Effctvns & Communicatn
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Senior Business Analyst supports the Academic Management Tool (AMT), a system development and deployment project. The AMT project will deliver a tool or set of tools to support decision-making and planning in academic departments. The Senior Business Analyst will provide analytical and decision-making support to the project team. Reporting to the project manager, the senior business analyst will collaborate with the project team to create deliverables critical to project completion.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
This is an 18 month term position.
Administrative and Project Management Support
- Prepares background materials for project meetings and user sessions.
- Organizes and provides administrative support for meetings and user sessions.
Process Documentation, Data Analysis and Integration
- Develops project deliverables including process flows, process narratives, requirements documents, and test plans.
- Organizes and evaluates data/ information; identifies data trends, synthesizes results.
- Provides analytical and documentation support to the project and project manager.
- Documents issues/problems and alternatives to inform decision-making.
- Documents and analyzes user feedback and test results.
User Experience and Testing
- Provides usability design insight to application screen and report layouts and navigation.
- Performs system functional unit testing and documents test results.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills with sound judgment.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and possesses the ability to organize and synthesize information.
- Ability to extract critical details, spot trends, isolate relevant information, and make inferences.
- Capacity for both strategic thinking and planning with attention to tactical execution.
- Familiarity with, and a willingness to learn technology and data driven systems.
- Proficiency with MS Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with emphasis on data analysis, reports and presentations.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, and motivation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback
- Prior work experience in higher education, consulting, and/or information technology.
- Experience working in a team environment that is deadline-driven.
- Proficient in the use of financial software applications. PeopleSoft and Cognos are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of software development cycle, particularly in an Agile environment.
- Strong knowledge of test planning, scripting, results evaluation, and prioritization.
- Proficient in the use of usability methodologies, techniques, and tools.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.