Irvine Valley College
Pay Range: $19.55/hr
Work Schedule: To be determined.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
The assignment may be at IVC or Saddleback College.
The District’s goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that is welcoming to all, fosters and celebrates diversity, and promotes and rewards excellence. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff and students to live, work, and contribute to a global society.
This position is a short-term, hourly, non-bargaining unit position, not to exceed 160 days per Fiscal Year. You will be contacted should the hiring department/division be interested in scheduling an interview with you to discuss your qualifications and skills. Please do not call the Human Resources Office regarding the status of your application. The most current status of all applications will be available for you to view on our website. This position is open until filled or withdrawn.
Under general supervision from higher level supervisory and/or management staff, performs a full range of custodial duties related to the care, maintenance, and cleaning of assigned buildings and facilities; sets up and removes tables, chairs and equipment for meetings; and performs a variety of general tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. May receive functional supervision, technical training and work direction from a higher-level custodian.
• Methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
• Safe work practices.
• Methods and techniques of cleaning and preserving floors, furniture, walls and fixtures.
• Operational characteristics of cleaning equipment and materials.
• Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
• Perform the full range of custodial tasks.
• Clean and care for assigned areas and equipment.
• Learn to use a variety of custodial equipment, supplies and materials.
• Operate and use a variety of custodial equipment, supplies and materials in a safe and effective manner.
• Perform minor maintenance repairs on assigned equipment.
• Use and monitor the need for a variety of custodial equipment and materials.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER