Application Developer - Tax School, Agricultural and Consumer Economics (103122)
POSITION VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
University of Illinois Tax School
Agricultural and Consumer Economics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Tax School seeks to fill a position for an Application Developer who will be responsible for developing and supporting web and desktop applications, interfaces and reports. This includes technical analysis, design, development, testing, and support of software applications. In particular, this position is responsible for development and maintenance of the Tax School Registration Database and National Order applications. This is a full-time (100%) 12-month academic professional position in the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (ACE).
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing system analysis, design, development and unit testing of web and mobile responsive applications, and reports using C# .Net, Visual Studio, Tableau and MS SQL Server.
- Performing database administration in support of Tax School applications. This includes designing, creating and maintaining schemas, tables, users, roles, and security.
- Providing support for existing applications, including bug fixes, routine maintenance, mandated maintenance, functional issues, and performance issues.
- Working with Tax School staff to gather functional requirements and then translate into detailed technical design specifications.
- Analyzing, developing, testing, and deploying applications based upon standards and industry best practices.
- Develop applications utilizing sound security practices and techniques, and that meet state and federal accessibility requirements.
- Creating and actively maintaining up-to-date documentation for analysis, design, development, unit testing, and implementation activities.
- Collaboratively work with personnel both within the Tax School, within ACE and ACES, and across campus.
- Contributing to the accomplishment of Tax School strategic goals related to position.
- Providing off-hours support as needed.
- Performing other related duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information sciences, engineering or related fields. Alternate degree fields will be considered/accepted depending on the nature and depth of the experience as it relates to this position.
Required: At least four years of software development experience using C# .NET to develop web and reporting applications. Experience with building accessible applications that meet IITAA guidelines.
Preferred: 3 years of .NET development experience using the MVC architecture. Development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or newer. Experience developing with .NET Web Forms architecture. Experience developing web-based ecommerce applications. Experience programming for the UIUC campus payment gateway. Experience using Subversion source code management. Experience managing Windows-based web and application servers. Experience developing reports using the Tableau Desktop application and working with hosted Tableau solutions. Experience developing in C# .NET for Progress Sitefinity CMS.
Preferred: Familiarity with a higher education environment, specifically event/course enrollment management.
Salary/Appointment: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Start Date: As soon as possible after the close date
Procedures: Candidate profiles should be created and cover letter, resumes, and 3 references should be uploaded at http://jobs.illinois.edu. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 9, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information, candidates may contact Dan Harding, 217-333-0935, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Title: Application Developer - Tax School, Agricultural and Consumer Economics (103122)
Open Date: 09/18/2018
Close Date: 10/09/2018
Organization Name: Agr and Consumer Economics