Academic Personnel Assistant
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
Under the supervisor of the Assistant Director of Academic Personnel Services Unit (APSU) in the Harvest Shared Service Center (HARVEST) in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), provides Academic Personnel administrative support to 1 or more departments in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences. Responsibilities include: Preparation of appointment/reappointment files for non-Senate academics; Visa Processing; Academic Senate and Non-Senate recruitments; Determining Instructional Work Credits; Coordination of materials and forms for processing academic leaves, exception removals; Working closely with the Department Chair and faculty members as the first point of contact for academic personnel matters. UC Riverside career employees who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from the campus is not identified, qualified candidates from the UC system or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.
Four years education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or human resources, or related discipline.
Demonstrated ability to type, format, proofread, and edit routine document and complex technical documents using MS Word, Excel, databases, calendar, and email software.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Demonstrated understanding and application of general personnel, labor relations, HR, and payroll policies and procedures.
Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational, and analytical skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; work effectively with frequent interruptions.
Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with a diverse clientele.
Three years' experience in providing quality customer service.
Demonstrated advanced skill levels in accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail.
Demonstrated ability to research and analyze information and to independently formulate and implement solutions to problems.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with online personnel systems or databases.
Two or more years' work experience in Higher Education.
Two or more years' experience applying UC Systemwide or UCR Campus policies, procedures, or systems for personnel or payroll such as The CALL, the Academic Personnel Manual, AP Recruit, or iRecruit.
Demonstrated knowledge of the UC Senate and non-Senate appointment/reappointment processes.
Earned Bachelors degree in human resources, business, finance, or related discipline.
Knowledge of processing immigration documents.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview