Health and Wellness Center Nurse
Job Title:			Health and Wellness Center Nurse
Location:			Santa Ana College
Department:			Health and Wellness Center
Position Type:		Part time Instructor Pool
Posting Close Date:		10/11/2018
Under direction, the Registered Nurse will assess physical and mental health needs of the students, assist the physicians and registered nurses in providing care, refer students to community health providers as indicated, provide first aid to students and/or staff members, and other registered nursing functions appropriate to a college health service center.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Provide nursing assistance to the student Health and Wellness Center.
• Assist college physicians and mental health professionals in provision of health care to the college student population.
• Evaluate mental and physical health needs of students and make appropriate disposition.
• Assist in crisis intervention, health education, and counseling.
• Assist the student's stress levels as it relates to academic, work and personal commitments and assist in realistic priority determination.
• Refer students to appropriate campus community resources for socio-economic, legal, and financial needs.
• Provide follow up on medical and mental health treatment of students.
• Administer emergency first aid to students, college staff, and visitors.
• Follow protocol for communicable disease control.
• Orient new RN's and student health staff.
• Alert area manager of possible areas of concern requiring intervention.
• Ability to correctly assess the severity of and adopt an efficient and effective course of action for illnesses, injuries and emergencies.
• Provide accurate health information to students, faculty and staff.
• Refer patients to appropriate health care provider for definitive care of chronic, serious and suspicious health complaints.
• Maintain control in emergency health care situations. Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in maintaining critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
• Assist health professionals to monitor and maintain appropriate levels of medical supplies and medications.
• Understand oral and written directions.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Assist in formulation of policies, procedures, and protocol for the student health center.
• Participate in college committees relevant to health/safety.
• Perform related work as required.
Applicants must meet the following:
• Must possess a valid, current California license as a registered nurse, a BSN, with a California Public Health Nurse certificate.
• BLS Provider Certification, Ambulatory Care or Emergency Department experience, College Health Nursing experience is ideal.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
• Resume (Required)
• Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
• Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)
To apply, please visit: https://rsccd.igreentree.com/CSS_Academic/CSSPage_JobDetail.ASP?T=20180914091527&
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency