Coordinator I, Workforce Development (Temp)
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Assists supervisors and managers by ensuring the accomplishment of operational outcomes in processes or programs. Provides direction and guidance on programs, certificates and degree plans specific to areas of study. Communicates with colleagues on a regular basis to track student success and progress. Reports on progress of students and involves others within the institution to assist with their success. Provides data support for Workforce Program Submissions to funding agencies. This position is temporary, grant funded.
- Tracks, provides and publishes data on students with declared majors in assigned discipline/division on items including success, retention, and completion rates
- Gathers and maintains program and cluster level advisory committee membership list and other records
- Provides clerical and logistical support for cluster level advisory committees
- Aids instructional teams in identifying potential members using databases and LSC contacts
- Provides support to workforce education department and staff
- Communicate career guidance from industry to workforce advisors across the system
- Gather, review, and provide data updates to workforce advisors on students nearing completion in workforce certificates and degrees to help in identification of students needing specialized guidance for completion
- Responsible for reviewing and interpreting data relating to the completion of workforce credentials
- Responsible for submitting new and modified workforce programs for financial resource eligibility
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency with common office software
- High level of customer service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail for tracking of student success and student educational plans
- Ability to communicate and work well with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to prioritize duties
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a higher education setting
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 Highway 249 - LSC University Park (0800) , 20515 Highway 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 16, 2018, 12:38:35 AM