Strategic Procurement Analyst
To meet the PSC Staff and to learn a little about our organization, please see the following video: https://www.cu.edu/psc/meet-psc-2018
The University of Colorado's (CU) Procurement Service Center (PSC) is a nationally recognized procurement office dedicated to using technology to enhance the university's programs and create efficiencies within policies. PSC supports the entire CU community, which includes four campuses plus system administration. CU is a public research university serving Colorado, the nation and the world through leadership in high-quality and professional training, public service, advancing research and knowledge and leading-edge health care.
This work unit exists to procure for the university community, which includes three campuses and system administration, the goods and services that are needed, when they are needed, from the right source and at the most reasonable cost, while interpreting and applying federal, state, and university rules and regulations to assure accountability and integrity to the public and fairness to the business community.
This position exists to support Strategic Procurement activities including supplier relationship management, administration of the department survey process and resulting analyses, and evaluating, implementing and monitoring University-wide Strategic Procurement initiatives. This position will work with all units within the Procurement Service Center (PSC) to facilitate these goals. Success in this position will be dependent upon the ability to successfully manage these duties with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as well as be able to build effective partnerships with campus customers and key suppliers. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Procurement and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
50% - Supports the supplier relationship management program and assists in developing and implementing value focused supplier performance and quality management programs, such as supplier goal establishment and data presentations. Ensures continuous process improvement and innovation to enhance relationships between the University and key suppliers.
20% - Supports Strategic Procurement team and the PSC in analyzing, implementing, and monitoring University wide sourcing and e-procurement opportunities. This includes the use of appropriate business metrics, internal data sources and external analytic tools. Provides internal and external reporting, as well as business cases, as appropriate.
20% - Provide assistance and support to the Strategic Procurement team in managing the PSC customer survey program and the PSC website.
10% - Special Projects - Executes other projects as assigned which support the mission of the PSC.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position a candidate will need the following:
- Knowledge of, and expertise using, various proven negotiation methods; and the ability to critically analyze a negotiation.
- Excellent written and oral communications; listening skills to accurately interpret what others are saying; ability to articulate goals, strategies and direction.
- Organization skills, including meeting facilitation and decision making; must be able to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and be responsive to changing priorities, all while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $60,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position. For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent work experience (the educational requirement may be substituted with professional experience on a year for year basis).
- Two (2) years of experience with data management tools and reporting, procurement, supply chain management, or supplier relationship management.
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience with sourcing goods and services
- Professional experience in a higher education environment.
- Professional certification, such as CPM, CPSM, CPPB or CPPO.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management.
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by September 24, 2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 52000 - Procurement Service Center
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Tahlya Cox
Posting Contact Email: Tahlya.Cox@cu.edu
Position Number: 00737493