Who we are:
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top Western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S. http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
Nature of work:
This position will be part of a cross-functional team, primarily responsible for various administrative processes and operational functions related to faculty support and human resources in the Department of Leadership, Research and Foundations (LRF). This position will work closely with the Executive Assistant, the Dean of the College, LRF Department Chair, faculty and staff.
The incumbent must exercise sound judgment in decision-making, establish priorities in completing work assignments, exercise confidentiality, function at a high level of performance with minimal supervision, and be able to learn all of the COE graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Human Resources support for the Department of Leadership, Research and Foundations including, but not limited to:
- Compile and track employment-related contracts, letters of offer, and additional payment forms; ensure correct pay and compliance of COE and University policies and procedures.
- Compile data entry for lecturer appointments and pay.
- Maintain, analyze, and update the COE Teaching Plan before and after census date for accurate data reporting.
- Monitor collection, disbursement, receipt, archiving and submission of required Human Resource documents for personnel action matters.
- Preparing, tracking, scanning, and filing employment-related contracts, and other personnel documents.
- Maintain and update electronic lecturer files according to policies and procedures.
- Maintain, interpret, and implement university and college policies regarding personnel records.
- Provide administrative support for the faculty, including, but not limited to:
- Purchasing instructional supplies and books, conference registrations, and professional memberships.
- Procurement of college standard office supplies and services, including orders through CU Marketplace, the copy center and facilities; assist HR Faculty Liaison with organizing and stocking office supplies and resources.
- Coordinate department course schedules, room assignments, and request for course changes.
- Serve as coordinator for LRF events and activities, including a/v, catering, and space reservations, student orientation, graduation recognition and award ceremonies, receptions, luncheons, comprehensive exams, dissertation defenses, etc.
- Assist department chair in planning and preparation for department meetings, retreats, etc., and take meeting minutes as needed.
- Analyze all aspects of domestic and international admissions application requirements for the College of Education and the university to check for accuracy and identify deficiencies.
- Work closely with students to ensure they have met all application requirements in order to determine approval, denial, or provisional acceptance of application.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the College of Education departments and campus offices (the Graduate School, Office of International Affairs, Admissions & Records) on admissions, registration and monitoring of prospective and enrolling students: 1) to ensure pursuits of prospective students, applicants, and matriculated students are progressing 2) to make recommendations for exceptions to written policy 3) to stay informed of current and changing policies and procedures 4) and to address and resolve admissions and enrollment issues.
- Recommend strategies and provide professional support to the LRF faculty.
- Provide general information to students, faculty, and staff about the campus, college, program requirements, and application process.
- Clarify admissions, grading, scheduling, and graduation policies for students and respond to relevant questions.
- Maintain and update student files in data tracking system according to policies and procedures.
- Explain policies and procedures related to course registration, adding and dropping courses, and program withdrawal. Schedule faculty advising meetings and formal interviews for prospective and current students.
- Securing and managing reservations of the COE conference rooms for both faculty and staff.
- Provide support of daily operations of the college as needed, e.g. upkeep of storage/copier room, conference rooms and community spaces.
- Attend COE business and Human Resource related trainings as needed.
- Provide general information to students, faculty and staff about the campus, college, program requirements and application process.
- Maintain/update multiple databases related to students (e.g. finger printing records, background checks, field-work placements, praxis, etc.).
- Attend events to publicize COE programs and facilitate the process of hosting such events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a shared governance and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to represent the college in a professional, welcoming manner when communicating with potential and existing faculty/staff as well as other personnel on campus.
- Must be a self-starter, a proactive thinker, self-sufficient, and willing to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Must be able to prioritize duties/assignments.
- Must be detail-oriented and quality-conscious.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive information in a professional manner (i.e. confidentiality).
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with others on a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with the department chair and LRF faculty to help support department level activities.
- Ability to exercise organizational skills related to data and time management.
- Must be able to track the progress of a large number of projects simultaneously, working with departments within the COE, and ensuring successful completion.
- Experience and proficient knowledge with computers including, MS Outlook email and calendars, database management, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to focus and maintain resiliency under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation, commitment to objectives, and reliability of work attendance.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
Exempt: For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a
criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree, from a regionally accredited college or university, in a field that supports the mission of the college.
- One year or more office experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Five years or more professional experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- One year or more experience working in higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by October 1, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript, will result in automatic disqualification for this position. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
• If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40040 - COE-Leadership, Research & Fou
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lori Unruh
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00752768