Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Dermatology's growing Clinical Research Unit seeks a Professional Research Assistant (PRA) to support multiple clinical trials, serve as a study coordinator, and assist with regulatory communication and compliance in a fast-paced environment. This includes study implementation, preparation for and assistance with clinical visits, data collection and submission in a timely and accurate manner, and maintaining a quality assurance program that keeps the department's research efforts in excellent standing with national and local monitoring groups. These responsibilities require the ability to think creatively, work independently, communicate clearly, and interact professionally with a variety of people and groups.
The University of Colorado Denver's Department of Dermatology has a growing clinical research unit devoted to improving the understanding and treatment of dermatological conditions. With a variety of grant and industry sponsored research projects, there is no "regular" day. Some duties will include:
- Conduct study participant identification, recruitment, screening, consenting, and enrollment
- Schedule and conduct research study visits, including participant follow-up after study closure
- Coordination of study visits, data quality, protocol and study requirement changes, adverse event handling, and regulatory compliance
- Study visit attendance and assistance, including the administration of questionnaires, performance of assessments and phlebotomy
- Assistance with data collection for large database studies
- Processing, storing, and shipping laboratory samples and radiological scans
- Confidential research record generation and maintenance, including patient chart abstraction
- Preparation and submission of compliance documentation and applications
- Performance of data entry into research databases, excel spreadsheets, and REDcap
- Preparation and/or editing of written communications and marketing materials
- Drafting and submission of manuscripts
- Participation in research coordination meetings
- Provision of prompt responses to data queries
- Accurate billing and invoicing for study visits
- Problem solving as it relates to research
- Development SOPs as needed
- Bachelors' degree in a health related field
- Prior clinical experience
- Knowledge in laboratory protocol
- Prior experience conducting clinical trials
- Master's degree in a health related field
- Phlebotomy experience
- 2 years of patient contact experience
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14697
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20143 - SOM-Dermatology
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kia Silverman
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00687242