Psychiatric NP - Instructor
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Psychiatric NP - Instructor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Psychiatry Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide clinical care in the Emergency Department at the University of Colorado Hospital, as delegated by a person licensed to practice medicine in Colorado.
Principal activities include patient care in the Emergency Department, as well as working collaboratively with Psychiatry Attendings. Delegated medical care includes, but is not limited to, the assessment, treatment and care of patients of all age categories. It is expected the employee will be competent to interpret age specific developmental, physiologic and unique care needs by assessment and by observation of care delivery. No outside work is allowed per University of Colorado Medicine policy.
Specific duties will be as follows:
- Performs histories and mental status examinations on patients referred to the psychiatry team in the Emergency Department as delegated by physicians.
- Collects, reviews and correlates data to assist physician in appropriate medical management of patients.
- Assists physician by triaging and monitoring patients, referring for appropriate care as indicated.
- Assists in scheduling patients for transition of care appointments. Participates in patient education.
- Performs, or assists physician with, direct patient care services as needed. Administers medicine and therapeutic agents as directed.
- Participates in performance improvement activities; quality improvement and patient safety activities; assists in maintaining compliance with JCAHO accreditation and other internal and external regulatory standards including the code of conduct.
- Provide telepsychiatry assessments as part of ED and outpatient clinic duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
- Active and current license to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the State of Colorado
- Certificate of completion from a nurse practitioner program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
- Certification by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners.
- Current and active certification in basic life support (BLS)
- Master's degree for nurse practitioners
Preference will be given to those with emergency room experience
It is expected the employee will be competent to interpret age specific developmental, physiologic and unique care needs by assessment and by observation of care delivery.
The employee will have adequate knowledge in making psychiatric diagnoses and managing psychiatric disorders.
The employee will have skills to work effectively on a psychiatric behavioral health team.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14698
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21323 - SOM-PSYCH-OTHR CLIN SVS-GEN OP
Posting Date: Sep 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Allen, MD
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00753894