Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Communications Director supports learning by strengthening the university’s reputation, financial support, and sustainability. Executes print, digital, and social media strategies that raise visibility of the university and increase engagement with the university’s alumni, donor, and community audiences.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates and executes print, digital, and social media strategy that meets the standards set by the university’s president.
- Develops and manages an integrated communications approach using email marketing and relevant social media tools.
- Serves as project manager for assigned university initiatives across the president’s office, the office of alumni relations, and the office of development.
- Writes content for alumni and donor publications and email communications.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field is required. Master’s degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience with alumni or development functions in a higher education institution is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Research and accuracy skills
- Excellent client management skills
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to move about campus
- Able to work independently
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.