Open July 17th, 2018 through December 31st, 2018
The Department of Surgery at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine is recruiting a Cardiac Surgeon to be the Surgical Director of Heart Failure and Mechanical Circulatory Support. You would be joining an exceptional cardiovascular program in the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery. This position will be in the (Senate) Professor of Clinical-X Series or the (Non-Senate) Health Sciences Clinical Professor Series at the Assistant or Associate Professor Level.
The responsibilities of this successful candidate include:
• Leadership role in building and growing a surgical heart failure & mechanical circulatory support program (including ventricular assist devices, ECMO)
• Providing patient care in multiple aspects of adult cardiac surgery
• Participation in research programs
• Teaching clinical programs to fellows, residents, and medical students
• Demonstrating professional competence and activity
• Performing University and public service
UC Irvine, School of Medicine, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery is an essential component of the comprehensive cardiovascular program at UC Irvine's School of Medicine. The goal of the program is to provide the highest level of care with the use of the most modern and cutting-edge surgical techniques and technologies. We also work closely in collaboration with cardiology and vascular surgery to partner in this endeavor.
The program currently performs all aspects of adult cardiac surgery including coronary, valvular, aortic, and arrhythmia. There are active TAVR as well as a TEVAR programs with procedures performed using our two hybrid operating rooms.
The division was reorganized and refocused in 1995, and it has since been a leader in terms of outcomes research and quality improvement. For the past 10 years, division faculty members have consistently achieved superior clinical outcomes in a challenging environment with critically ill patients. The most recent Leapfrog Report listed UC Irvine as one of only 98 hospitals as a "Leapfrog Top Hospital," noting that the program is "better than the national average for coronary bypass procedures," despite having one of the highest-risk populations in California.
The goal of UC Irvine, School of Medicine, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery is to provide the highest quality cardiothoracic surgery services and outcomes, offer superb customer service, emphasize continuous quality improvement, encourage growth and diversity of services, provide responsible, cost-effective care, and prepare for the changing healthcare environment.
To learn more about the Division, visit https://www.surgery.uci.edu/cardiothoracic.
UC Irvine, School of Medicine, Department of Surgery
UC Irvine's Department of Surgery faculty members have expertise in multiple complex diseases and are integrated to subspecialties including cancer, gastrointestinal diseases, vascular diseases, cardiovascular diseases, hepatobiliary diseases, trauma and surgical critical care.
The department has become one of the region's most prestigious clinical, research and academic surgical programs. For more than 50 years, the Department of Surgery has been dedicated to helping patients live well and stay well. The department's principle - "When You See One of Us, You See All of Us" - underscores the department's commitment to ensure patients the broadest expertise and most comprehensive care possible.
To learn more about UC Irvine's Department of Surgery, visit https://www.surgery.uci.edu.
• Advanced training or experience in surgical heart failure & mechanical circulatory support
• Graduates with specialized fellowship training in surgical heart failure & mechanical circulatory support are encouraged to apply
• An M.D. or M.D./Ph.D.
• Board certification or board eligibility in cardiothoracic surgery
• California Medical License
• Strong interest and demonstrated abilities in delivering patient care in an academic clinical setting
Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with training, qualifications, and experience.
Application Instructions - To be considered for the position, interested candidates should visit:
https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04816, complete an online application profile and upload application materials electronically.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Orange, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.surgery.uci.edu/
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Student/Teaching Evaluations - Evaluations on teaching sessions, lectures, and/or presentations
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 5-7 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now