Specialist, Open Ranks 2018 - 2019
Open July 17th, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
Position: Specialist, Open Ranks
Openings are anticipated throughout the year in the Department of Radiological Sciences at the University of California, Irvine for non-tenured, academic term appointments as Junior, Assistant,Associate and Full Specialists. Position involves research investigation in the areas of quantitative imaging, finite element analysis, bone mechanics, radiation therapy and medical device development. Research in this laboratory focuses on diagnosis and treatment of osteoporosis and metastatic bone disease, and related topics. Applicants with a broad background in mechanical engineering or bioengineering, who hold a doctorate degree and who possess a strong motivation to pursue academic research are encouraged to apply. Training or working experience related to the above topics is preferred. Also the ability to communicate in English both verbally and in written format is important. Irvine is located in beautiful, sunny Southern California and is considered the safest city in the US. It is a delightful place to live and work.
Application Procedure - Please complete your application by also submitting a statement on previous and/or past contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion. To apply, please log onto UC Irvine's recruitment site located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04809
For further information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact:
Joyce H. Keyak, Ph.D.
Department of Radiological Sciences, Medical Sciences I, B-140
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697
(949) 824-8115, [email protected]
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now