Job Description Summary
Provide psychological services to the Bentley student population via individual therapy and group work, and be available to students and the Bentley community for psychological emergencies. Monitor the needs of the student population for outreach and programmatic interventions across campus. Work closely with Health Services, Alcohol Education Coordinator, and Health Educator to bring a mental health perspective to programs on campus.
- Provide mental health services to students, including diagnostic evaluations, assessment of suicide/homicide or other danger to the community, referrals and monitoring of medications, decision regarding hospitalization or withdrawal from school, ongoing treatment and advising families, as well as maintain legal medical records.
- Be available at all times in the event of a critical incident on campus.
- Consult with faculty, staff, parents and students on mental health issues.
- Consult with outside providers (e.g., psychiatrists, hospitals, and other health providers) to insure adequate treatment and referral.
- Assist with the design of mental health programs and workshops for students with the goal of raising awareness, increasing health, and educating on critical mental health issues for college students.
- Oversee interns.
A doctoral degree in counseling or a related field is necessary with minimum of five years of experience in counseling and therapy.
Experience with college aged students is desirable as well as experience in programs and workshops for a wider range of audiences.
Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds and is committed to life-long learning towards multicultural competence.
A psychology license is strongly preferred or must be obtained within the first 12 months of employment.
Daily computer use for notes, data collection and general office work.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.