Quality Assurance Officer
Biosafety Office TNPRC
Location: Covington, LA
The Quality Assurance Officer provides services directly to personnel through field consultations, inspections, data/document review and training. The employee is responsible for supporting the development of a comprehensive quality program at Tulane National Primate Research Center (TNPRC).
This position works collaboratively and directly with TNPRC core research support labs to develop quality standards and works to implement a quality system of management controls to ensure the uniformity, consistency, reliability, reproducibility, quality, and integrity of experimental data. He/she must exercise a high level of initiative, positive interaction, and follow-through in all aspects of program implementation and assignments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to diverse clients.
- Skills in customer service and collaborative attitude, as well as exceptional written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to respond to requests expediently and with efficient turnaround and to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Knowledge of database development, querying, word processing, spreadsheet development, using MS Office to accomplish work-related tasks.
- Ability to teach and train staff of varying experience levels on quality practices and procedures in a classroom and in interactive laboratory environments.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with a collaborative orientation.
- Bachelor's Degree in life/health sciences, public health or other related discipline
- Five years of experience working in a biological laboratory following GLP or similar quality standards
- Master's degree or higher preferred
- Management oversight of GLP laboratories, and documented record of implementation of Quality Programs in life/health sciences or public health laboratory
- Certification through Project Management Institute as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.