$36,600 - $72,200
University of California, Riverside's Dining Services is currently recruiting for a Culinary Supervisor for our Lothian Residential Hall. Under the direction of the Culinary Manager, the Culinary Supervisor is responsible for providing operational oversight and functional support to the operations production team in the assigned dining facility. The Culinary Supervisor provides support in planning and organizing the day-to-day activities, provides direction to staff regarding culinary work, customer service and maintenance functions, and assists the Culinary Manager in coordinating assigned personnel, student staff, procurement, production, product transport, recipe compliance and documentation, food cost controls, and safety and sanitation for the culinary operations. The Culinary Supervisor models excellent leadership skills and creates a welcoming environment for staff, students, and customers, and serves as the team leader in the absence of the Culinary Manager, assisting with the assignment of daily tasks, daily operational planning, and development of assigned areas.
Skill in identifying and understanding the customer's perspective and maintaining a commitment to excellence in customer service.
Working skills to provide effective interpersonal and work supervision guidance to other personnel and work effectively with partners on joint projects.
Working knowledge in food service and sanitation regulations.
Working knowledge to make appropriate decisions, reasoning skills, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, and conduct basic operations analysis and quality control analysis.
Basic mathematical and cash control skills to accurately complete drawer counts and prepare deposits.
Skill and ability to work in a safe and responsible manner while not putting self or others at risk.
Demonstrated skill with inventory control functions, including physical inventory counts, receiving and materials storage. Skill in analyzing inventory data. Skill in identifying discrepancies between the physical inventory counts and the recorded inventory counts.
Working verbal and written communication skills in the English language, including active listening, dynamic flexibility, critical thinking, and ability to multi-task and ensure productive time management.
Intermediate computer application skills to include food service applications such as point of sale and inventory control software.
Ability to comply with applicable policies, procedures and regulations, use personal safety gear, observe warning signs, learn about potential hazards, and report unsafe conditions.
Ability to supervise food production staff in the basic principles of food preparation and handling, including standardized recipes, batch cooking and proper temperature for storage and service.
Skill and ability in planning, organizing, and coordinating the work of a diverse culinary staff to accomplish daily operational goals in multiple locations in a timely manner.
Working knowledge with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Skill in communicating orally and in writing in Spanish.
Working knowledge with Food Pro Menu Management Systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview