Technical Training Specialist - Information Trust Institute (102444)
Technical Training Specialist
Information Trust Institute
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Information Trust Institute at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Technical Training Specialist. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Technology and Workforce Development, the Technical Training Specialist provides professional content development and training support for a variety of ITI focus areas by organizing, developing, and initially delivering technical training to both internal and external entities.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop technical content, short courses, exercises, and directed internal and external training opportunities
- Engage with students, faculty, staff, and external clients to understand the training and professional training development needs, then create and execute a plan to fill those needs
- Engage with additional subject matter experts to understand and develop training for technical topics that map to the appropriate target audience knowledge level
- Research applicable technologies to efficiently and effectively develop, deliver, and refine training content to meet client needs
- Create documentation, project reports, publications, presentations, and other written material to inform or convey project details
- Assume additional appropriate related duties to further the mission of ITI
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, education, or a related field
- Technical understanding of cyber security and its application
- Experience developing technical content for professional training or curriculum development
- Ability to convey technical topics in a way that can be understood by wide audience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Domain knowledge of Industrial Control Systems
- Experience with MOOC's or other online delivery mechanisms
- Strong presentation skills
The Technical Training Specialist position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by October 7, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Kelsey Krok at email@example.com or 217-300-8313.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: Technical Training Specialist - Information Trust Institute (102444)
Open Date: 09/14/2018
Organization Name: Information Trust Institute