Marketing Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (102243)
Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are invited for the position of Marketing Specialist in the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This is a full-time benefit eligible position, salary is commensurate with experience and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
The Marketing Specialist will work as part of a high-impact and entrepreneurial-minded academic marketing team, contribute to the management, development and implementation of marketing and communication strategies to support individual online academic programs, the overall Illinois Online brand and the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with academic partners to assess enrollment goals and develop marketing and communication strategies to support those goals.
- Strengthen and grow academic programs and enrollments via effective execution of lead generation and lead nurturing strategies.
- Manage paid search and display advertising marketing channels across Adwords and other pay-per-click platforms including paid social.
- Work closely with marketing team and back-end web development team to optimize campaign performance through analytics and testing.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the Illinois Online website and ClTL website.
- Conduct market research, aggregate industry data and work with third party researchers to assess academic program viability.
- Translate market data into actionable marketing plans.
- Evaluate and monitor ROI of marketing and communication efforts, adjust as needed and prepare and present monthly marketing updates and activity reports.
- Serve as a team player, champion and advocate for the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning by supporting its mission and contributing to collaborative projects and other duties as assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in a marketing, communications or data analytics related field.
Required experience and qualifications:
Proven track record in building and managing effective SEO/SEM programs including experience with Google marketing and analytics tools.
Strong and proven project management skills and keen attention to detail.
3-5 years of experience with CRM logic and prospect nurturing.
Excellent communication and organization skills.
Ability to clearly communicate progress and results with internal and external stakeholders.
Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional teams. Ability to work on multiple projects while
maintaining a high level of quality.
Enthusiasm and willingness to be proactive in finding new ways to meet the needs of academic partners.
Full understanding of the creative production process and marketing strategy.
Preferred experience and qualifications:
Experience in both higher education and corporate settings
Experience supporting online academic programs and innovative learning modalities.
To ensure full consideration application materials must be received by September 28, 2018. Interviews may begin prior to the close of the search however a hiring decision will not be made until after September 28, 2018. All candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Title: Marketing Specialist - Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (102243)
Open Date: 09/14/2018
Close Date: 09/28/2018
Organization Name: Center Innov in Teach Learn