Part-Time Specialist IV, Academic Affairs
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office, University Park location at 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
Supports other staff by performing task oriented duties while providing clerical, analytical, administrative, and operational support under general supervision. Provides a high level of coordination, support, and documentation of Health Occupation and Dual Credit information across multiple departments/colleges. Controls expenditures in accordance with budget allocations and makes recommendations in planning process.
- Coordinates general operations of the Health Occupations and Dual Credit office within the Curriculumand Instruction area
- Manages, maintains, and processes OnBase documents for dual credit and automated on-line applications for various healthoccupation programs including verifying information, creating files, and creating spreadsheets with confidential student information
- Serves as the resource person for program directors, faculty and students concerning health occupation applications
- Coordinates with the System web team and campus program directors to update health occupation program and dual credit websites
- Develops and maintains accurate databases of area activities for strategic planning and reporting
- Organizes/coordinates health occupations and dual credit meetings for all the program directors, deans and health care support staff
- Coordinates the renewal of all health occupation affiliation agreements, education affiliation agreements, and dual credit course credit agreements. Works with the Officeof General Counsel in processing the agreements
- Coordinates travel plans and schedule meetings and special events for Directors
- Directly responsible for budget tracking; maintains inventory of supplies; prepares and processes requisitions
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to use software products, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheets, and database packages
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to document and track expenses
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer-relations skills
- Minimal physical effort is required
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a MicrosoftWindows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2097151 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma and 5 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Rd) (0801) , 20515 SH 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Academic Affairs
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 20, 2018, 5:56:05 PM