Facilities Services Plant Operations
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Machinist provides all maintenance, installation and repair activities of Plant Operations. Repairs mechanical equipment, remote auxiliaries, building HVAC equipment, pumps, and other mechanical equipment assigned. Performs scheduled evaluation of equipment and preventive maintenance and repairs. Maintains steam and chilled water lines above and below ground.
This is an Essential Personnel position, which can require that the incumbent must report for duty and work through emergencies, and also can be designated by the supervisor as essential for the accomplishment of work, or for the completion of a critical task.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to work on industrial mechanical systems.
- Capable of receiving and giving oral, written, and diagrammed instructions
- Ability to think and act quickly in emergencies
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Ability to follow safety rules and regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) years experience equipment repair and preventive maintenance experience required.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) U.S. Driver's license and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.