Senior Communications Coordinator - Civil & Environmental Engineering (101406)
Senior Communications Coordinator
Illinois Center for Transportation & Illinois Department of Transportaion
Civil & Environmental Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Position is located in Rantoul, IL
The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Senior Communications Coordinator. This position is responsible for providing communications coordination for the Illinois Center for Transportation (ICT); responsible for managing Center's technology transfer efforts, including updating and maintaining ICT's website, social media communication, and newsletters; designing and producing brochores, advertisements, posters, and any other materials related to the marketing of events; responsible for administering and coordinating research to support the Director of ICT in meeting sponsored research obligations; and assisting with grant and contract proposals and working closely with CEE Business office on pre and post award functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic publications which include, but are not limited to, e-newsletters, brochures, annual report, and website content.
- Writing and editing articles on ICT research projects for the ICT website, ICT e-newsletter, department/college publications, and regional/national research publications for dissemination of the Center's research outcome.
- Works closely with the CoE and CEE offices of communications to develop and implement marketing efforts including communication pieces, marketing and public relations oppurtunities.
- Providing rigorous technical editing of ICT technical reserach reports for publication on ICT website and national transportation industry databases.
- Developing and managing short and long term plans for ICT's training programs, monitoring progress, assuring adherence to timelines and budgets, and evaluating performance; recruiting instructors to support the development and execution of training strategies and preparing preliminary job descriptions for new hires.
- Managing the fiscal operations of ICT's training programs, including budget development and modifications, tracking expenditures, and cintinuous monitoring of the programs' financial health.
- Managing proposals submitted to various sponsors, such as the National Science Foundation and Federal Highway Administration; preparing proposals schedule, outline, and complince matrix; reviewing proposals to ensure compliance with RFP requirements and highest quality prior to final delivery.
- Manages and supervisees the Center's technology transfer team, assigning duties, setting expectations, developing performance criteria, and providing support to ensure pre-established goals and objectives are met.
- Reviewing ICT's financial statements, analyzing and verifying expenditures and developing spreadsheet summary reports.
- Working closely with the Director of ICT to guarantee the satisfaction of all requirements associated with day-to-day tasks.
- Assume additional appropriate related communications duties to further the mission of the Center.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Three years of communications and/or editing experience.
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Proficiency at participating in group discussions and accurately and succinctly summarizing meeting content.
- Ability to understand the correct use of technical terms.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to manage projects within established deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and organize technical events.
- Execellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Access).
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Five years' experience in communications and/or editing.
The Senior Communications Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month services basis. The expected start sate is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by September 28, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Iffat Moin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-300-4706.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Title: Senior Communications Coordinator - Civil & Environmental Engineering (101406)
Open Date: 09/14/2018
Close Date: 09/28/2018
Organization Name: Civil and Environmental Eng