Professional Analyst II, Institutional Reporting
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-North Harris-Victory Center
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
LSC-Victory Center offers programs, classes and support that can lead to victory. A full-service satellite center, it brings the benefits of a first-class community college to the Acres Homes and Inwood Forest communities. The 85,000-square-foot facility offers academic classes, workforce training, adult education, the Victory Early College and more.
Campus address is 4141 Victory Drive. Houston, Texas 77088.
Analysts within the office of Analytics and Institutional Reporting (AIR) respond to the research and reporting needs of Lone Star College administrators, faculty, and staff. Level II Analysts help design, implement, and maintain computing applications, queries, reports, and databases to complete a variety of projects. Position generally works with limited guidance from others and utilizes prior knowledge and training in the performance of their duties
- Analyzes data requests and completes programming necessary to access data
- Documents Institutional Reporting procedures for future reference
- Uses a variety of software to create data sets and reports. Prepares and formats data and develops reports according to approved LSC style guide, consulting with Sr. Analysts or Managers as needed
- Assists with development of applications related to research and planning, and with developing research studies relating to LSC issues
- Assists in writing protocol documents for Institutional Reporting.
- Some positions will support an assigned campus as their College Analyst
- Represents Analytics and Institutional Reporting at LSC meetings
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of analytical tools and software, including but not limited to PeopleSoft, SQL Developer, Filemaker Pro, GIS ArcMap, Survey Monkey, Civitas Illume, and Microsoft Office Suite products (Excel in particular).
- Ability to learn new computer software.
- Ability to create plans for and guide implementation of new technology systems.
- College-level writing and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain priorities with limited assistance
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing needs
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to successfully work on multiple tasks with overlapping timelines
Minimal physical effort is required
Commensurate with education, qualifications and experience
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 4141 Victory Dr (0104) , 4141 Victory Dr , Houston , 77088
Job: Office of Technology Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Sep 14, 2018, 10:30:20 PM