Physics - 122300
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm, overtime as necessary
The Physics Department offers comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degrees in Physics giving students the opportunity to participate in world class research and training opportunities. This Department's goal is to serve our region and nation through formal and informal education, while excelling as a center of technological excellence.
The Physics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a College Recruiter to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist undergraduate students with advising and registration.
* Provides support to the Undergraduate Committee.
* Maintains undergraduate student records.
* Organizes the Undergraduate Student Recruiting Weekend.
* Assists with recruitment efforts.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
* Developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
* Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
* Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Three years of previous experience in a educational setting
* Strong organizational skills
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting