Director, Diversity and Inclusion
Requisition # 2017-8139
Department Human Resources
Category Human Resources
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University Office of Human Resources (OHR) strives to foster a work environment that enables all employees to embrace the spirit of Princeton and contribute at the highest possible level to support the mission of the University. OHR seeks a strategic diversity and inclusion leader who is energized by the opportunity to design and deliver a transformative and strategic diversity and inclusion function. The director is an experienced professional, passionate about driving diversity and inclusion strategy and fostering a culture to enable all employees to do meaningful, impactful work at the highest possible level in an inclusive environment.
Reporting to the assistant vice president for human resources, the director is a valued member of the Client Services HR Team and coordinates closely with HR colleagues and the Office of the Institutional Equity and Diversity. The director is expected to demonstrate progressive management values and standards, supporting the development of and providing a sense of shared direction and purpose for a talented diversity and inclusion team.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to enhancing and leading the implementation of diversity and inclusion strategy; communicating the strategy to stakeholders; assessing impact and measuring progress; providing written and verbal updates to various audiences at all levels of the organization; coordinating and supporting central efforts to improve diversity and inclusion services and programs; leading effective departmental diversity and inclusion planning efforts; and serving as an internal consultant and providing content expertise for the purposes of training, programming, and strategy design and implementation.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven to ten years of experience in diversity and inclusion work focused on employees in workplace settings.
- Ability to influence culture and behavior change, collaborate, and work adeptly with University senior executives, managers, and staff members.
- Demonstrated success with assessing and connecting business strategies and diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include strong platform, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills; ability to influence an outcome across all levels through a consultative methodology; ability to work independently and effectively as leader or member in teams, on task-forces, and committees; ability to manage conflict and build consensus across various points of view effectively; strong commitment to client-focused, relationship-based service.
- Understanding of organizational development and effectiveness methodologies and practical approaches; excellent change management, project management and process improvement skills.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical implementation to achieve results; ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex initiatives and projects serving various audiences.
- Discretion, good judgment and ability to handle confidential information appropriately and with tact.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Supervisory experience
- Prior experience working in a higher educational environment and within Human Resources
- Advanced degree, certification(s), or advanced training in diversity related fields preferred; DDI training certification and experience in diversity research a plus.
Please direct all inquiries, applications, and nominations in confidence to: DiversifiedSearch, [email protected] Electronic submission of credentials are strongly encouraged.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.