Inventory Specialist - College of Engineering Business Services Center (103284)
College of Engineering - Business Services Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level establish, manage, and coordinate an inventory records system in conformance with university/campus procedures and in support of a major department and/or operating unit that uses diverse technical, scientific, and other permanent movable equipment housed in multiple locations. They work under direction from a designated supervisor.
An Inventory Specialist typically -
- develops and maintains inventory record system of state and non-state equipment that meets university/campus requirements as well as additional needs of the major department and/or operating unit
- supervises and/or performs physical inventory of property and equipment as required by the major department and/or operating unit
- prepares reports for university/campus officials as well as for the major department and/or operating unit to enable better utilization of existing equipment
- determines equipment surpluses and consults with principal investigators as to disposition
- prepares form reporting inventory changes to the Inventory Record Control Supervisor or other designated university/campus officials
- supervises and/or performs the affixing of code numbers to each item of equipment
Two years of experience in inventory work
For more information about this classification:
This Inventory Specialist position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.80 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Inventory Specialist. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: 3-Administrative Support
Title: Inventory Specialist - College of Engineering Business Services Center (103284)
Open Date: 09/14/2018
Close Date: 09/19/2018
Organization Name: Engr Shared Admin Services