Senior Food Service Worker, Market and Starbucks
.92% Part Time
$35,078 - $43,597
The University of California, Riverside's Dining, Hospitality, and Retail Services division is currently seeking three (3) Senior Food Service Workers for a variety of operations. This posting may also be used to fill future Senior Food Service Workers.
This posting is for a Market and a Starbucks Senior Food Service Worker. If you are interested in our position available with Catering, please apply to Requisition 201807172141.
See below for the details of our current vacancies:
1. The Market at Glen Mor is hiring for a 9-month position, which means the employee will be scheduled off from mid-June to mid-September as leave without pay days. The schedule for this position is fixed and posted 4 weeks in advance. The Market at Glen Mor is a multi-platform retail and food service operation that offers home style takeout meals, a quick service grill, freshly prepared sushi, a retail market, and a Starbucks. This Senior Food Service Worker is responsible for a variety of kitchen related duties and tasks involving food preparation and providing excellent guest service daily.
2. The Market at Glen Mor Starbucks is hiring for an 11-month position, which means the employee will be scheduled to take 20 days off throughout the year that are leave without pay days. The schedule for this position is fixed and posted 4 weeks in advance. The Market at Glen Mor is a multi-platform retail and food service operation that offers home style takeout meals, a quick service grill, freshly prepared sushi, a retail market, and a Starbucks. This Senior Food Service Worker is a Barista at Starbucks and is responsible for a variety of related duties and tasks involving retail coffee service and food preparation and providing excellent guest service daily.
Ability to read, write, perform basic arithmetic calculations, follow oral and written instructions, six (6) months of recent experience in food preparation and general maintenance/cleaning in a kitchen and/or dining area within a high volume of food service operation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Recent experience within a customer service oriented environment of responding to and meeting/exceeding the needs of the customer.
Knowledge of general rules, regulations and procedures for sanitation and safety as it applies to food preparation, service, kitchens and storage areas. Must maintain compliance with California Health and Safety Codes.
Demonstrated skill in cutting, slicing, and measuring dry and liquid food ingredients in units of measurements such as cup, pint, ounce, quart and pound.
Proven ability to read, speak, write and understand English in order to determine and carry out job duties and communicate with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Skill in communicating effectively and professionally using tact and diplomacy. Skill to write legibly and record information accurately and as necessary to perform job duties.
Proven ability to accurately perform repetitive tasks according to set procedures and pace and a proven ability to give and follow explicit directions and carry out instructions.
Ability to count inventory, food and supplies. Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and understand common food measurements.
Previous experience working with and operating standard and specialized kitchen equipment generally found in a large commercial kitchen to accomplish daily assignments.
Must adhere and meet the Injury Illness Prevention Program Guidelines: Work in a safe and responsible manner while not putting self or others at risk. Comply with applicable policies and procedures and regulations, using personal safety gear, observing warning signs, learning about potential hazards and reporting unsafe conditions. Must be able to exert well-paced mobility of up to four (4) hours in length and stand continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift on uncarpeted surfaces. Must be able to move 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally following proper safety guidelines. Must be able to stand, walk, climb, stoop, push, pull, reach and crouch for extended periods of time, as required to complete job assignments. Ability to work in temperature extremes, continuous noise and physical risks found in food service environments.
Hired candidate must (1) successfully complete online Food Handlers Certificate Training within the first thirty (30) days of appointment start date.
Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical examination.
Positions within Starbucks require successful completion of training and certification as a Barista within ninety (90) days of appointment start date.
Experience interacting and leading in a team based environment to achieve completion of daily duties.
Experience and knowledge of proper procedures in heating and retherming food items.
UC Dining experience, knowledge of systems, policies, procedures and regulations.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview