Accounts Receivable Specialist
Posting Number C1141P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/26665
Working Title Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position Number 12907
Department Associate Vice Chancellor/Finance
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land-grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding Northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate-leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for coding student accounts to be processed in the collections cycle for letters and eventual agency placement if not resolved. This position will monitor accounts with bankruptcy notices until discharge or dismissal; provide responses to students, debtors, and other university offices regarding inquiries about billing statements, student loans, delinquent accounts, and/or other information requested. This position will also monitor payments received by the University for reporting on Tax 8300.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least two years of experience in the collection of delinquent accounts
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Bachelor's degree in general business, accounting, or finance from an accredited institution of higher education
- Experience with the University of Arkansas UAConnect (non-student experience)
- Experience with the University of Arkansas BASIS financial system
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with data entry on a large scale
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures governing student accounts
- Knowledge of state and/or federal regulations related to the collection of student accounts
- Knowledge of financial reporting techniques
- Ability to compile and report financial information related to student accounts
- Ability to counsel students on payment obligations
- Ability to communicate using clear communication skills which could include but not be limited to the following methods: personal face-to-face contact; using e-mail or other written correspondence; and through telephone contact
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Arkansas Union
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C110
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 05/02/2018
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least two years of experience in the collection of delinquent accounts?
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree in general business, accounting, or finance?
- * How many years of experience do you have with the non-student version of the University of Arkansas UAConnect system?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 to 5 years
- Over 5 years
- * How many years of experience do you have with the University of Arkansas BASIS system (other than Time Clock)?
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two
- At least two years, but less than three
- Three years or more
- * What is your level of experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel?
- No experience
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Proof of Veterans Status